We are looking for six (6) highly amazing junior QA Analysts for an upcoming web project, beginning in June, with our Denver-area partner.
Testing will involve ‘ad hoc’ use/usability of the site (i.e. purchasing product(s), creating account profiles, etc.), to ensure the sites are functioning as expected.
Scope of testing is as follows:
- All web pages of five different company sites
- Browsers: IE (6, 7, 8), FF (3.6, 4), Safari, Chrome
- Systems: PC, Mac
- Testing: Transactional, Functional, Regression
BWBacon is proud to support clients who invest in true product quality: “Quality in a product or service is not what the supplier puts in. It is what the customer gets out and is willing to pay for. A product is not quality because it is hard to make and costs a lot of money… this is incompetence. Customers pay only for what is of use to them and gives them value. Nothing else constitutes quality.” -Peter Drucker
Sure, there is more to this life than getting the proverbial ”them to sign on the line which is dotted.” But in this economic climate it has become abundantly clear that, as Abraham Lincoln put it, “things may come to those who wait…but only the things left by those who hustle.” The Art of Manliness published an article recently entitled, “The World Belongs to Those Who Hustle,” in which they debunk the common excuses of those whose failure or mediocrity is attributable to their lack of hustle, and champion an idea we live every day here at BWBacon: “the work-your-ass-off-while-your-competition-plays-Rock Band (or Starcraft) kind of hustling.” A worthy and compelling read.
“We need (people) to step up and be leaders in our communities and families. We need more entrepreneurs to start small businesses and employees who bust butt to help get our economy going again. We need people who hustle.”
Here at BWBacon, we pride ourselves on working and surrounding ourselves with those who hustle. And we do.
Like us, Ron Swanson wants all the bacon (go ahead and throw in all the eggs while you’re at it) …
Sometimes we omnivores need to be humbled a little bit, and reminded that – much as we may believe the sun rises and sets with bacon - many of our friends live in an equally respectable meatless universe. Longtime BWBacon ally, Rick Manley, today reminded us that even those of the vegetable-favoring persuasion miss bacon from time to time, and our near incessant obsession with the meat is a little one-sided. Rick – this one’s for you.
While we can’t concede that meatless bacon-like alternatives quite stack up to the real thing, we can point out some of the favorable characteristics: One (1) slice of Smart Bacon ® has half the fat and half the calories of its carnivorous counterpart, less sodium and only slightly less protein. I can’t attest to the taste, but I will give Smart Bacon a BWBacon honorable mention. And a hat’s off to you, Mr. Manley, for keeping us honest.
In fact, it’s quite hard to find a well-qualified Peoplesoft Financials Analyst/Developer for a full-time position in the greater Denver area. Here’s what we’re looking for – come one, come all …
•PeopleSoft General Ledger, Payables, Projects, Purchasing, eProcurement, eSettlements and integration experience version 8.8+, 3 – 5+ years PeopleSoft development experience
•PeopleSoft 8.8+ FSCM, Hands-on software troubleshooting experience
•Upgrade experience preferred.
Our friends at Instructables.com have once again outdone themselves. Wake up to the smell of freshly cooked bacon and the enchanting sound of swine, with the Bakon homemade bacon alarm clock. Never has a fire hazard seemed so worthwhile…
We want you. Professionally, of course. We have multiple openings for Interactive/Web Designers in Denver:
- Contract-to-Hire – This individual will be responsible for the redevelopment and implementation of multiple websites, execution of current online creative projects, and the design and execution of interactive campaigns. This contract position has the potential to develop into a full or part-time employee position.
- Full-Time/Permanent – Senior-Level Designer/Art Director who has a passion for Internet related technologies. You will be responsible for cultivating a creative vision and translating that to a successful user experience design. Furthermore, you will own the creative vision, design standards and design execution for our product line.
Join the Denver Interactive Group on LinkedIn! Kind of a no-brainer, right? The group is small, yeah, but so is the Denver/Boulder interactive community.
Don’t know what interactive is? Maybe you should look at joining other groups… just kidding.
Steve Lloyd, CFO at local BWBacon interactive partner SpireMedia, recently purchased a plane and would love to get you in the air. If you are local to the Denver area and looking to log some airtime, click here for more information about the aircraft or contact Steve at SteveSCL@msn.com or 720-560-0515.
If you remember Sassy magazine, you’re probably senior-level enough for our Senior SAS Developer/Architect role. If you’re SASsy enough to architect, develop, enhance and support SAS code, programs, and macros using Oracle as a data source, click below to apply. Bring the SAS, but leave the residual Gen-X angst at home.
- I have gotta say - these past few weeks we have been hard at work placing new people w/ new contracts & full time jobs & it feels AWESOME. 3 days ago
- Happy Friday friends! Hope you get to enjoy the beautiful weather here in #Denver! 1 week ago
- EPIC! RT @wiredinsider: Yesterday, Google announced a complete overhaul to Maps. Ready for it? ow.ly/l5ZMy 1 week ago
- We <3 the Santa Fe Arts District & this Kickstarter sounds AWESOME! kck.st/XV1lYP @AFHdenver #community #Denver #art #kids 1 week ago
- Way to crush! RT @jiberish: We are very thankful that we get to work with some really talented people at Jiberish... instagram.com/p/ZTNdl1vbg_/ 1 week ago
- Why Thresh?Finding talent is tough. Finding technical and creative talent in Denver & Boulder is even tougher. Thresh brings the very best talent sourcing and engagement tools, methods, strategies and experience to extraordinary Colorado creative and tech companies, providing our clients with the highest caliber talent options on the market. Don’t go it alone. An […]joshxanderson
- 10 Cool Parade Moments to Celebrate Memorial DayPer tradition, Memorial Day in America is often observed with parades. Large or small, elaborate or simple, their purposes are always the same: to commemorate U.S. men and women who have died in military service We searched for some cool photos from across the country, like the one above taken at the Memorial Day Parade in Chicago, Ill., in 2006, and compile […]
- The Epic Journey Through DietingTo say that dieting is tough is quite the understatement. In fact, sometimes we go to great measures to overcome the temptation of deliciously unhealthy foods. SEE ALSO: More Comics on Mashable In this comic, Josh Mecouch of Formal Sweatpants recasts Homer's epic poem The Odyssey in a very relatable way. Can you resist the siren song of saturated fats? […]
- CrunchWeek: Yahoo's $1.1B Tumblr Purchase, Lyft's Big Raise, And Microsoft's Xbox OneIt’s that time of the week for CrunchWeek, the show where a few of us writers chat up the most interesting stories from the past seven days. Ryan Lawler, Greg Kumparak, and I chatted about Yahoo's $1.1 billion purchase of Tumblr (and the reports that the company is eyeing a purchase of Hulu); Lyft's $60 million raise from Andreessen Horowitz and th […]
- Misfit Wearables Drops Android Support For Its Shine Activity Tracker Ahead Of Summer LaunchHeads up, Android fans. If you took the plunge and backed the rather sleek Shine wearable activity tracker from Misfit Wearables, you may want to get your money back. According to a recent update posted to the project's Indiegogo listing, the Founders Fund-backed company has decided to drop Android support from the final version in a bid to better focus […]
- Capturing the beauty and wonder of the Galapagos on Google MapsThe Galapagos Islands are some of the most biologically unique ecosystems in the world. Explorers and scientists alike have long studied and marveled at these islands—made famous by Charles Darwin. The Ecuadorean Government, local conservation groups and scientists are working to protect the Galapagos from threats posed by invasive species, climate change an […]
- “Coming Home” by Wisconsin student wins U.S. 2013 Doodle 4 Google competitionAfter 130,000 submissions and millions of votes cast, Sabrina Brady of Sparta, Wisc. has been named the 2013 U.S. Doodle 4 Google National Winner. Her doodle, “Coming Home,” will be featured on the Google homepage in the U.S. tomorrow, May 23. Students across all 50 states amazed us with their creative interpretations of this year’s theme, “My Best Day Ever. […]